CDL/DOT Physical Exams
D.O.T PHYSICAL EXAMS
FMCSA MEDICAL EXAMINER
PENG S PHETCHAMPHONE, DC
FMCSA REGISTRATION # 8859069850
Dr. Peng is a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Certified Medical Examiner. He understands how important it is to you that you pass your test. Dr. Peng can help improve your lifestyle choices and assist you with establishing permanent healthier habits that can protect your livelihood, and he’ll be glad to discuss these options with you during your exam.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE EXAM
- Driver completes long form and medical card.
- A urine sample is taken: Checking for protein, blood sugar. (Not a drug test)
- Height and weight are recorded.
- Vision Test is performed.
- Hearing Test is performed.
- Blood pressure is taken.
- Review of your medical history and current medication.
- 12 Body system checks as described on page 3 of the long form.
- Takes about 20-25 minutes.
YOUR DOT EXAM
PLEASE READ THE HELPFUL TIPS BELOW FOR A QUICK & SIMPLE DOT EXAM
HELPFUL TIP #1
PLAN IN ADVANCE
You will need some paperwork:
- Diabetic Condition: Bring a list of all medication including strength, dosage, name of prescribing doctor, address and phone number.
- High Blood Pressure:Bring a list of all medication including strength, dosage, name of prescribing doctor, address and phone number.
- Heart Attack or Cardiovascular Disease: If you’ve had them, you will need to bring a copy of your last Exercise Tolerance Test.
- Sleep Apnea: If you have been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea, bring a copy of your latest sleep test results.
- Over-the-Counter Medications: Bring a list of all over-the-counter medication such as aspirin, antihistamines & antacids. Please include strength and dosage.
HELPFUL TIP #2
THE DAY OF THE DOT PHYSICAL EXAM
- A picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Medical Records:Bring the medical records you’ve prepared in advance, including name of the prescribing doctor, address and phone number.
- Your Medications: Bring your list of medications including strength and dosage.
- Eye Glasses:Bring your eye glasses.
*Please be ready for a urinalysis. Refrain from using the restroom before arriving to our office and drink some water.
HELPFUL TIP #3
PASSING THE DOT PHYSICAL EXAM
We understand that passing your DOT Physical Exam is a real concern. We work with drivers all day and understand passing the exam is important to your continued career and your livelihood, and we’re here to do everything we can to help.